26 May 2019

The Two Ronnies - The Worm That Turned

This is something I remember seeing on repeats when I was young.
For those who do not know The Two Ronnies were popular comedians in the UK who had a prime time sketch show which I believe air early on Saturday evenings.  As well as sketches they also ran a serial comedy story and the below is one from the 80’s.
The Worm That Turned was an 8 part serial set in a femdom, role reversed future (at the time), where women rule. All the women wear military uniforms, the state police wear leather and the men have been forced to take over the role of housewives in dresses.

It's full of the casual sexism of the 70's but beyond that the whole setup for it sounds like something from fictionmania and not BBC1 on a Saturday evening.

Like I said I can remember seeing this when I was young and it leaving a mark on me. A role reversed society with enforced cross-dressing. I was already fascinated with dominant women at the time, so a whole society of them ran by the wonderful Diana Dors sounded amazing. There are so many BDSM tropes in here I'm surprised there were no questions about it at the time.

For those who remember this, I hope you enjoy the blast from the past, for those who have never seen it before please excuse the sexism and humor, neither have aged well.




No comments:

Post a Comment