While I was writing Hunter's Honeys I was looking around for some inspiration for a character design. For most of my characters, I will find an image online of someone and use them as a template, it helps to keep track of what people look like and is (in my opinion) better than writing out a long description. So while I was looking around for Mistress Verbeck I found this.
The above are pictures of Alice Faye in On The Avenue a 1937 Irving Berlin musical comedy, wearing an amazing latex outfit. I really could not believe that I had never seen this before and have been trying to get a copy of the film since.
I just found your blog through the blog of Andy Latex, Smooth Slick and Shiny, as he mentioned it this past Wednesday.
I would be extremely surprised if her dress were made of latex, this being 1937. But as it keeps its shape and flows better than satin, there's a fairly good chance that the dress is made of rayon, a semi-synthetic fiber developed in the late 1800s.
I just found your blog through the blog of Andy Latex, Smooth Slick and Shiny, as he mentioned it this past Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteI would be extremely surprised if her dress were made of latex, this being 1937. But as it keeps its shape and flows better than satin, there's a fairly good chance that the dress is made of rayon, a semi-synthetic fiber developed in the late 1800s.
https://www.whowhatwear.com/what-is-rayon